- person concerned: the natural person who (on behalf of a company) has entered into an agreement with RoomPlaza, or the natural person who (on behalf of a company) has contacted RoomPlaza concerning the creation and/or execution of the agreement or the natural person who (on behalf of a company) has created an account on the website or who visits the website;
- agreement: the agreement between RoomPlaza and the person concerned whereby the person concerned makes use of the service that RoomPlaza offers through the website;
- website: the website www.roomplaza.com and the accompanying mobile application that is managed by RoomPlaza and on which the person concerned can create an account;
- personal data: data with which a natural person can be identified.
Article 2.Personal data
- Careful handling of personal data is of great importance to RoomPlaza. Regarding the processing of personal data, RoomPlaza acts in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- RoomPlaza handles personal data with care and treats these confidentially.
- RoomPlaza collects personal data from the person concerned when the person concerned has provided this personal information via the website to RoomPlaza or when the person concerned visits the website or has contacted RoomPlaza by telephone or e-mail.
- RoomPlaza collects and processes the following personal data:
- first and last name;
- zip code and city;
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- study type;
- study year;
- RoomPlaza does not process special personal data of those involved.
- The website and/or service does not intend to collect data about those who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, RoomPlaza can not check whether a person is over the age of 16. RoomPlaza therefore advises parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If the person concerned is convinced that RoomPlaza has collected personal information about a minor without this consent, then the person concerned must contact RoomPlaza through the contact details included in article 9.1 and then RoomPlaza will terminate the processing and delete the personal data.
Article 3.Basis and purposes of the processing
- The basis for the processing of personal data is to execute the agreement or, at the request of the person concerned, to take pre-contractual measures.
- RoomPlaza collects and processes personal data for the following purposes:
- handling a question and/or remark from the person concerned;
- to issue a quotation/offer;
- the conclusion of the agreement;
- to be able to contact the person concerned concerning the execution of the agreement;
- to maintain a client relationship with the person concerned;
- to be able to create an account for the person concerned on the website and to maintain the account;
- sending an invoice and to comply with administrative duties;
- to improve the RoomPlaza website and service;
- generating general statistics about the use of the website.
- The provision of the name, address, telephone number and the e-mail address of the person concerned is a contractual obligation. No agreement can be made without the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- will not store the personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the goals, as described in article 3.2, for which the personal data are processed.
- only processes the personal data that is minimally necessary for the existing purposes. RoomPlaza strives for minimal data processing.
- will not process the personal data for purposes other than those described above.
Article 4.Deleting personal data
- RoomPlaza will remove personal data from its systems, without any unreasonable delay if:
- the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were processed;
- the person concerned objects to the processing of his/her personal data and this objection is justified;
- the personal details are incorrect or out of date.
- RoomPlaza is not obliged to delete personal data if it concerns one of the situations described in the law where the "right to be forgotten" does not apply.
Article 5.Providing personal data to third parties
- RoomPlaza will not provide the personal data of the person concerned to third parties unless:
- RoomPlaza has obtained explicit prior permission from the person concerned;
- one of the legal bases applies to which the provision of personal data to a third party is permitted;
- it is necessary for the execution of the agreement;
- The person concerned may withdraw his/her consent to provide personal data to third parties at any time.
Article 6.Right of inspection, right of transferability, rectification and removal
- Upon request, RoomPlaza grants the person concerned access to all personal data held by RoomPlaza and RoomPlaza will provide the person concerned with a copy of this data free of charge in such a form so that the person concerned him/herself can provide the personal data to a third party.
- RoomPlaza offers the person concerned the opportunity to correct or delete incorrect data that RoomPlaza keeps of him/her free of charge.
- The request for access, modification or deletion of data can be submitted in writing or via e-mail to RoomPlaza, see article 12.1 for the contact details of RoomPlaza. RoomPlaza will respond to such a request as soon as possible and in any case within 4 weeks.
- The person concerned may object to the processing of his personal data by RoomPlaza if he/she has a good reason for this because of his/her specific situation. After RoomPlaza has received the objection from the person concerned, RoomPlaza will stop processing the personal data of the person concerned, unless RoomPlaza has legitimate interests in the processing of personal data that outweigh the interests of the person concerned.
Article 8.Right of restriction
- If a request has been submitted by the person concerned, concerning the adjustment, supplementing or deletion of his/her personal data or an objection has been submitted concerning the processing of his/her personal data and the handling, processing and execution of this request or objection takes some time, the person concerned may request RoomPlaza to limit or restrict the processing of his/her personal data.
- For questions about the way in which RoomPlaza processes personal data, the withdrawal of a permission concerning the processing of personal data, access to personal data of the person concerned processed by RoomPlaza, request for a copy of his/her personal data, the request for modification or deletion of his/her personal data, the request to restrict the processing of his/her personal data or the filing of objections to the processing of his/her personal data, the person concerned can contact RoomPlaza via the contact details below.
Erasmus Housing B.V.
Address: Keizersgracht 241, Amsterdam Offices
Postal code/city: 1016 EA Amsterdam
E-mail address: email@example.com
Phone number: 020 770 18 56
- If RoomPlaza corrects, supplements or deletes the personal data of the person concerned at the request of the person concerned or terminates or restricts the processing of the personal data or has processed a revoked consent, RoomPlaza will inform the person concerned accordingly.
Article 10.Security measures
- In order to prevent access to personal data by unauthorized persons, loss, theft and unlawful use of personal data, RoomPlaza has taken various security measures, including measures against unauthorized access, use, modification, unlawful and accidental destruction and unintended loss of personal data.
- RoomPlaza takes the following security measures:
- use of systems with strong passwords to prevent unauthorized access to information systems;
- encrypting the data in the database;
- use of secure network connections;
- data provided to RoomPlaza via the website are stored via a secure web environment;
- physical protection of IT facilities and equipment against unauthorized access and against damage and malfunctions.
Article 13.Data leak
- If a security incident has occurred at RoomPlaza in which personal data of a sensitive nature are leaked or from which a serious adverse consequence for the protection of the processed personal data occurs, RoomPlaza will, if possible, within 72 hours after having observed the data breach report this occurrence to the Dutch Data Protection Authority and act in accordance with the Policy Rules Reporting Data Breaches Duty of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
- If there is a data leak at RoomPlaza that has adverse consequences for the privacy of the person concerned, RoomPlaza will inform the person concerned without delay.
- RoomPlaza uses functional and analytical cookies.
- A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of the device of the person concerned at the first visit to the website.
- The person concerned can opt out of cookies by setting up his/her internet browser in such a way that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, the person concerned can also delete all information previously stored via the settings of his/her browser. More information about switching on and off and the removal of cookies can be found by the person concerned in the instructions and/or by means of the help function of his/her browser. Functional cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of a website. If the person concerned removes functional cookies, this may have consequences for the correct functioning of the website and it is possible that RoomPlaza can not or can not properly provide its service.
- Kinds of cookies and purposes:
The party that places the cookie
Kind of cookie
The purpose the cookie is placed for
Functional cookies ensure that the website functions properly. These cookies are used, for example, so that the person concerned can log in to the website.
With functional cookies, the website can recognize the person concerned when the person concerned visits the website again. This is useful so that the person concerned does not have to log in to the website every time he/she visits the website again.
RoomPlaza for the benefit of the use of Google Analytics
Through the use of analytical cookies, RoomPlaza can see how the person concerned uses the website and RoomPlaza can improve the website accordingly. Analytical cookies are not shared with third parties, are not used by third parties and are not linked to the name or e-mail address of the person concerned. RoomPlaza has set up Google Analytics in such a way that visitors to the website remain anonymous.
- RoomPlaza may change its policy regarding cookies from time to time, for example due to a change in the law. Changes or additions to RoomPlaza’s policy regarding cookies are published here. RoomPlaza advises the visitor to regularly check this policy.
Article 15.Filing a complaint